Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Wood Based Product Technology, Lumber Manufacturing, Wood Lumber Grading, Flooring, Marina Decking, Wood Wood Based Planning, Wood Wood Based Grading, Window Manufacturing, Caskets, Decking, Steam Bending, Stadium Seating, Casegood Production, Molding, Millwork, LaddersPossible
Ph.D. in Forest Products. Mississippi State University, Starkville.
M.S. in Forest Products. Mississippi State University, Starkville.
B.S. in Building Materials & Wood Tech. Forestry minor. University of MA, Amherst. Cum Laude. New England Kiln Drying Assoc. (NEKDA) workshop on seasoning hardwood lumber. 1994.
Experience: Private Sector:
- 8/2000 – Present: President, Timber Technology Authority, LLC.
- 6/94 – 8/2000: Professional forest products and light frame construction consultant 7/94 – 5/95: Forest Products Associates, custom dry kiln.
- 3/94 – 7/94: Architectural Timber and Millwork.
- 1/88 – 1/94: Shmulsky Construction and Home Inspection Service.
- 4/2008 – Present: MS State Univ., Professor and Head of Department, Sustainable Bioproducts (formerly Forest Products)
- 5/2007 – 3/2008: MS State Univ., Interim Head of Department, Forest Products
- 7/2004 – 3/2008: MS State Univ., Associate Professor of Forest Products
- Research and development of wood products and production systems
- Courses: Lumber Manufacturing Physical Properties of Wood Wood Technology and Products
6/2000 – 6-2004: Univ. of MN, Twin Cities, Wood and Paper Science Dept., Assistant Professor.
Wood and biobased products, performance, applications, and materials science research
Courses: Wood-Based Panel Technology Wood Composites
Statics & Engineering Mechanics Mechanics and Structural Design Advanced Wood Drying Advanced Panel Products Technology Mechanics of Wood and Wood Composites
7/98 – 6/2000: MS State Univ., Forest Products Department, Instructor.
Research and Technical Assistance: wood products, production systems, environmental issues
Courses:Lumber Manufacturing Furniture Production I
Furniture Production II Introduction to Forest Industries: Sawmilling 7/95 – 7/98: MS State Univ. Forest Products Lab. Research and Teaching Assistant.
Forest Products Society
International Conference Chair: 2017. Executive Board Member: 2010-2012
Chair: Softwood Lumber Group: 2006-2009, 2001-2003.
Vice Chair: Wood Physics and Drying Group: 1998-2000, 2004-2006. Trustee, Mid South Section, Forest Products Society: 2004-2006.
Chair, Mid South Section, Forest Products Society: 2007 Society of Wood Science and Technology
Board member: 2016-2018
Chair Accreditation Committee 2007-2009
Vice Chair Accreditation Committee: 2005-2007, member 2001-present. Education Committee: 2001-present.
Active member in: American Society of Civil Engineers, American Wood Protection Association, Mississippi Forestry Association.