Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Dermatology, Allergy, Immunology, Pediatrics
University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City, Missouri
08/2001 – 05/2007
Graduate – University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri
Liberal Arts/Medicine – Six Year Combined BA/MD Program
08/2001 – 05/2007
Pediatrics Residency (July 2007- June 2010)
Cohen’s Children’s Hospital
New Hyde Park, NY
Board Certified in Pediatrics.
Allergy/Immunology Fellowship (July 2010- June 2012)
Children’s Mercy Hospital
Kansas City, MO
Board Certified in Allergy/Immunology.
Dermatology Residency (July 2012-June 2015)
University of Colorado Denver
Board Certified in Dermatology.
Work experience following training:
Position: Physician (General/medical dermatology and allergy/asthma/immunology)
Colorado Dermatology Specialists (August 2015 – December 2017)
Position: Physician (General/medical dermatology and allergy/asthma/immunology)
Veteran’s Affairs Hospital Denver (August 2016 – current)
Position: Physician and Attending/Supervising physician.
Position: Reading and generating reports for the Denver VA teledermatology program covering CO, OK and MT. Attending dermatologist supervising outpatient and inpatient consults at the VA hospital in Denver Colorado.
University of Colorado (August 2016 – current)
Position: Supervising physician in Dermatology.
(August 2014 – current)
Position: Founding doctor and dermatologist/allergist practicing telemedicine for dermatology and general medicine patients.
(2017 – current)
Position: Physician dermatology, allergy/asthma/immunology practicing telemedicine.
Membership and Honorary/Professional Societies:
Golden Key International Academic Honor Society, American Medical Student Association (AMSA), American Medical Association (AMA), American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), Fellow, ACAAI, Fellow AAAAI, Fellow FAAD
Honors / Awards:
Academic All American; Verizon Academic All-Midwest; Member of Golden Key International Academic Honor Society; Snake Award Winner given annually to the highest achieving medical student group at UMKC; Student Representative at Chancellor’s Symposium On Future Planning For Statewide University of Missouri System; Elected fellow representative for Children’s Mercy Hospital residency council.
FIT Travel grant for 2011 AAAAI National meeting
FIT Travel grant for 2012 ACAAI National meeting
FIT Travel grant for 2012 AAAAI National meeting
Resident Travel grant for 2013 AAD National meeting
Colorado Medical License
New York Medical License
Florida Medical License
Missouri Medical License
Montana Medical License
New Hampshire Medical License
Mississippi Medical License
Alabama Medical License
Hawaii Medical License
Nebraska Medical License
Kansas Medical License
South Dakota Medical License
Texas Medical License
Wyoming Medical License
Utah Medical License
Nevada Medical License
Arizona Medical License
Washington Medical License
West Virginia Medical License
Iowa Medical License
Idaho Medical License
Louisiana Medical License
Wisconsin Medical License
Illinois Medical License
California Medical License
North Carolina Medical License
South Carolina Medical License
Maryland Medical License
North Dakota Medical License
Michigan Medical License
Pennsylvania Medical License
Connecticut Medical License
New Mexico Medical License
Board Certified in Pediatrics
Board Certified in Allergy/Immunology
Board Certified in Dermatology
Dermatology Board Certification Exam Passed 10/15
Allergy/Immunology Board Certification Exam Passed 12/12
Pediatric Board Certification Exam Passed 10/10
USMLE Step 3 Passed 2/2008
USMLE Step 2 CS (Clinical Skills) Passed 10/2006
USMLE Step 2 CK (Clinical Knowledge) Passed 12/2006
USMLE Step 1 Passed 06/2005
Available on Full CV
Available on Full CV
March 2009 AAAAI National Meeting – Poster presentation
November 2009 ACAAI National Meeting
October 2010 Sixth Annual Healthy Indoor Environments Conference (Overland Park KS)
March 2011 AAAAI National Meeting – Poster presentation
November 2011 ACAAI National Meeting – Oral presentation
March 2012 AAAAI National Meeting – Poster presentation
March 2013 AAD National Meeting
March 2014 AAD National Meeting
March 2015 AAD National Meeting
March 2016 AAD National Meeting.
March 2018 AAAAI National Meeting.
October 2018 Fall Clinical Meeting.
February 2019 AAAAI National Meeting.
March 2019 AAD National Meeting.
September 2019 Georgia Dermatology PEARLS PA conference – Faculty speaker.
September 2020 Dermatology PEARLS Meeting – Keynote speaker
November 20202 ACAAI National Meeting – Keynote speaker
09/ 2004 – 07/2005
UMKC School of Medicine Council on Selection, Missouri
Council On Selection Student Member, Alan Salkind M.D.
I was 1 of 2 elected student representatives to serve on the council on selection. My responsibilities included interviewing and evaluating applicants to the School of Medicine and making recommendations for acceptance for incoming classes
04/ 2001 – 04/2006
Kansas City Parks and Recreation Department, Missouri
Volunteer soccer coach for underprivileged youth
This volunteer based organization was designed to promote health and wellness as well as a safe environment for underprivileged youth of Kansas City. Once a week I very much enjoyed teaching these children not only how to play soccer but also how athletics can build good decision making, team building and how athletics helped shape my future in medicine.
Keynote speaker discussing allergies and asthma at Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas.
Background, Hobbies & Interests:
I grew up in Long Island New York and attended the 6 year combined BA/MD program at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. Throughout college and medical school I played division I soccer with a full athletic scholarship. I continue to enjoy soccer and most other sports. I am a professional magician and specialize in close up card magic.
During my Allergy/Immunology fellowship I developed an interest in Dermatology and the overlap that exists within the specialties. I decided to continue my education and pursue a second residency in Dermatology at the University of Colorado Denver. I am now in private practice in Denver Colorado where I practice both Dermatology and Allergy/Immunology. My colleagues in both Dermatology and Allergy/Asthma/Immunology consider me an expert in numerous dermatologic conditions such as acne, atopic dermatitis, chronic urticaria, psoriasis, allergic contact dermatitis and immunology/immunologic mediated disease/skin disease. I lecture both locally and nationally on various topics in dermatology and allergy/asthma.
Cases retained as a medical expert:
1. Wang v. Blue Moon Asian Grill: CO, April 2017: Medical expert witness representing disability insurance carrier regarding a respiratory claim involving an exposure at work and ongoing respiratory issues including asthma and vocal cord dysfunction.
2. Oshokoya v. Teltser: Florida: June 2018: Medical expert witness representing physician involving medical malpractice related to allergen immunotherapy and anaphylaxis.
3. Claimant (protected minor) v. Main., Blasberg, Jagminas, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth, and Plymouth Pediatric Associates: MA: June 2018: Medical expert witness representing claimant, a 13 year old girl who developed Stevens Johnson Syndrome and Toxic epidermal necrolysis triggered by a prescribed medication and subsequent misdiagnoses of her condition.
4. Kent v. Ewanowski Florida: July 2018: Medical expert witness retained to evaluate claim of a patient seeking damages related to Mohs surgery and repair.
5. State of New York Department of Social Services Nassau County v. LeBlanc: September 2018: NY: Medical expert witness representing respondent regarding a claim that parent was negligent in the death of their infant child from respiratory causes.
6. Bey, Phillips, Seymour and Joseph v. FDNY (Federal court NY Southern District): December 2018: Medical expert witness representing plaintiff in disability case regarding a skin condition (pseudofolliculitis barbae) and disability accommodations.
*Summary judgement in favor of plaintiffs. Expert report was cited numerous times as part of the federal court’s decision for summary judgement. This decision/case has garnered national attention as setting a new precedent for pseudofolliculitis barbae as a disability.
7. Petrocelli v. Secretary of Health and Human Services: January 2019: Medical expert witness representing plaintiff in possible adverse skin reaction to a vaccine.
8. Mylan Pharmaceuticals v. Almirall LLC: May 2019: Medical expert witness for petitioner regarding infringement of a patent for a dermatologic medication.
9. Lyttle v. Bart Main, Blasberg and Jagmanas: Sept 2019: Medical expert witness for plaintiff regarding case of Stevens Johnson Syndrome.
10. DeHaven v. Ilyas: Sept 2019: Medical expert for plaintiff regarding Mohs surgery for skin cancer.
11. Millin v. Federal insurance company: Sept 2019: Medical expert for defendant regarding anaphylactic reaction.
12. Egan v. Palace Construction Company and Restoration LLC: Sept. 2019: Medical expert for defendant regarding asbestos exposure and lung disease.
13. Larsen v. Paley: Sept. 2019: Medical expert for plaintiff regarding injuries suffered during cryotherapy procedure.
14. Johnson v. Plumb: Oct 2019: Medical expert for plaintiff regarding injury to spinal accessory nerve during cyst excision.
15. Povondra v. Southwest Airlines: Oct 2019: Medical expert for defendant regarding case of angioedema (lip swelling) related to potential work exposure.
16. Davis v. Cook County Child Protection Department: Oct 2019: Medical expert for defendant regarding injuries/skin findings of a minor child.
17. Constantine v. Secretary of Health and Human Services: Nov 2019: Medical expert for plaintiff regarding adverse skin reaction to MMR vaccine.
18. Schwarz v. Ricci: Dec 2019: Medical expert for defendant regarding mold exposure in the home.
19. Maxey v. Kinney et al: Dec 2019: Medical expert for plaintiff regarding laser burn injuries.
20. Carter v. Katcher et al: Jan 2020: Medical expert for plaintiff regarding incorrect allergy immunotherapy dose.
21. Collins v. Durgin & Cromwell Lumber Co, Inc: Mar 2020: Medical expert for defendant regarding occupational claim for ulceration on leg.
22. Lopez v. Medline Industries Inc: Mar 2020: Medical expert for defendant regarding occupational claim for allergic contact dermatitis to gloves.
23. Jennings v. Smith: Apr 2020: Medical expert for defendant regarding an occupational claim for occupational respiratory exposure.
24. Daugherty vs. Karizma Salon Apr 2020: Medical expert for defendant regarding an allergic contact reaction to hair dye.
25. Gedgoud v. Lab Investment Company June 2020: Medical expert for defendant regarding black mold exposure causing worsening of asthma.
26. Kelly v. Dermatology Center June 2020: Medical expert for plaintiff regarding injuries to the eyes following application of liquid nitrogen.
27. State of CA vs. Grant July 2020: Medical expert for defense regarding suspected child abuse/bruising.
28. Bortner v. Newport August 2020: Medical expert for plaintiff regarding missed diagnosis of scabies.
29. Ramani v. Ramani August 2020: Medical expert for defense regarding suspected non-accidental trauma vs. rosacea on the face.
30. Harty v. Boston Children’s Hospital et al September 2020: Medical expert for plaintiff regarding neurogenic itch and missed diagnosis of brain tumor.
31. Varosky v. Romero and YMCA September 2020: Medical expert for plaintiff regarding effects of Clorox spray on the skin and face.
32. Diudonne v. State of New York: September 2020: Medical expert for defendant regarding a criminal case involving suspected child abuse and herpes diagnosis.
33. Mitchell vs. Secretary of Health and Human Services: October 2020: Medical expert for plaintiff regarding Idiopathic thromobocytopenic purpura triggered by influenza vaccine.
34. Meador vs. Secretary of Health and Human Services: October 2020: Medical expert for plaintiff regarding rheumatoid arthritis triggered by influenza vaccine.
35. Labine vs. Secretary of Health and Human Services: October 2020: Medical expert for plaintiff regarding brachial neuritis triggered by influenza vaccine.