Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Dog Aggression, Behavior, Training, Bite Incidents, Service Dog Standards Evaluations, Animal Care Husbandry Standards Care, Legislation, Dog Rescue Animal Cruelty Hoarding, Bite Impression Casting, Dog Temperament, Basic Advanced Obedience, Complicated Aggression Behavior Issues
Consultant and Expert Witness
- April 2004 to Present
Dog aggression, behavior, training, bite incidents, service dog standards and evaluations, animal care and husbandry, standards of care, dog rescue work and other animal-related topics and situations such as animal cruelty and hoarding. Dog bite impression casting and dog temperament evaluations. AKC Scentwork judge. Knowledgable as a trainer and competitor in several dog sports as well as dog behavior.
- Testifying Expert in fatality cases, multiple mauling and dog bite cases as well as animal cruelty, service dog law and evaluations, temperament evaluations, breed tendencies and law enforcement scent work dogs.
- Deep knowledge of the Rottweiler and Bully-breeds.
All-breed and rare breed knowledgeable.
Dog bite and dog-fighting evaluations.
- Expert testimony given in the counties of Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Riverside, Alameda, Contra Costa, and Santa Cruz.
1988 to present
- Currently enrolled in Master of Science Degree in Justice Studies at San Jose State University. Graduation expected June 2023
- Cabrillo College, Santa Cruz, CA, Criminal Justice, Sociology and
- Justice Studies classes
- Completed coursework in for Graduate Certificate in Animal Policy and Advocacy, Humane Society University, 2011 (school closed before accreditation)
- Bachelor of Arts, English Literature, UCLA, Graduated 1988
- UC Davis. Animal Sciences major (pre-vet), 1984-1986
- Santa Monica College, Biology major, 1982-1984
Professional Certificates in:
- Dog Bite Investigation (Humane Society of the United States)
- Veterinary Forensics (HSUS)
- Bite Marks & Odontology (ASPCA & University of Florida, Gainesville)
- Animal Cruelty and Fighting Investigations (HSUS)
Dog Trainer and Behavior Consultant
1989 to Present
- Basic and advanced obedience, complicated behavior issues and aggression
- Specialty knowledge in puppies, working, terrier, herding and Bulldog-based breeds
- Certified Pet Dog Trainer: Knowledge Assessed (CPDT- KA), by the Certification Council of Professional Dog Trainers
- Association of Pet Dog Trainers, Professional Member
- Certified Dog Trainer (CDT), International Association of Canine Professionals, Professional Member
- Presenter for Family Paws
- Evaluator for the AKC Canine Good Citizen, Trick Dog, Home Manners and Temperament Test programs
- Chief Tester for American Temperament Testing Society
1989 to 2015
Rottweiler Rescue of Los Angeles
1989 to Present
The Rottweiler Quarterly Magazine
1988 to 1998
AKC Gazette: Rottweiler breed column
2008 to present
Radio Show Host
March 2004 to August 2005
Hosted and produced live weekly radio show for all things dog related.
1982 to 1984; 1986 to 1992
American Pet Dog Trainers
International Association of Canine Professionals
Family Paws, safety for babies, kids and dogs
Presenter for dog bite Prevention programs; adult, child and worker safety
Presentations and Publications
Available on FULL CV