Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Forensic Psychologist, Vocational Specialist, Military, Rehabilitation Therapist, Competency, NGRI, Intent, Untoward, Influence, Alleged Sexual Abuse, Grief, Alleged Work Injuries, Speciality Exams, Social Security Applications, Veterans, PTSD, Labor Law, Professional Malpractice, Work Place Injury, Loss of Consortium, Counseling, Assessments, Job Seeking Skills, Vocational Forensic Issues, Job Placement, Fitness for Duty Exams,
Expert Witness No.1248
Summary: Expert is a certified Forensic Psychologist, Court Qualified Expert Witness for Criminal and Civil matters, Litigation Consultant, Rehabilitation Therapist, Vocational Expert and Speaker-Trainer. He brings 40+ years of experience as a problem solver to his work. He is recognized by litigators, judges, individuals, corporations and non-profits for his preparedness and his ability to communicate. He is known for his ability to convey complex information in a concise, understandable and memorable way.
Mission: To offer my expertise in resolving problems that recognize my clients’ unique situation. My goal is to help others understand the message I have been asked to present; whether in the court as an expert, to an individual struggling with their own personal needs or a group’s wanting to communicate with their membership.
My Strengths: The ability to provide a professional and creditable presentation that considers the importance of the message, the circumstances surrounding the topic being presented and the specialty needs of the listener.
CURRENT WORK EXPERIENCE:
1/86 – Present Expert owned, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Evaluations of psychological and vocational issues for self referrals, public, non-profit and private entities. IME exams regarding psychological issues due to alleged work injuries for the Ohio Industrial Commission and Bureau of Workers Compensation, as well as employers and claimant attorneys.
- Forensic psychological examinations including competency, NGRI, intent, untoward influence, alleged sexual abuse and grief.
- Hospital consultations. Psychological examinations pre-and post medical procedure.
- Litigation consultation and testimony regarding vocational-wage loss and spousal support.
- Individual psychotherapy.
- Specialty exams for social security applications, Veterans regarding Posttraumatic Stress and other psychological issues, labor law issues, criminal defense, professional malpractice, work place injury, loss of consortium.
- Keynote speaker and training for companies, organizations, agencies and non-profits.
- Certification training as a Trainer of Emergency Responders, 2004 Certification training as an Ohio DMH Emergency Responder, 2003 Certification training in Bereavement, April 2001
- Certification training in Mediation, Harvard University, MA., February 2000
- Certified Forensic Psychologist, University of Virginia, April 1984 Ph.D., in Psychology, University of Maryland, June 1974
- Masters in Science, in Psychology, Brooklyn College, New York, June 1972
- B.A., in Psychology, Adelphi University, New York, June,1970
- Licensed Psychologist, Ohio since 1985 Licensed Psychologist, West Virginia since 1978
- Diplomate, American Board of Vocational Experts since, 1998 Diplomate, American Board of Forensic Examiners since 1997 Diplomate, American
- Board of Professional Disability Consultants since 1992
- Diplomate, National Center for Crisis Management since 1998 Diplomate, Academy of Integrative Pain Management since, 1992
Qualified in Federal, Civil and Military courts. Past Work Experiences
1/86 – Present Expert owned company, Cincinnati, Ohio
- 9/78 – 12/85 Counseling and Communications Center, Charleston, West Virginia
- 8/77 – 8/78 Bath – Brunswick Mental Health Center, Bath, Maine
- 9/74 – 8/77 Wheeler Clinic, Plainville, Connecticut
- 8/72 – 8/74 Great Oaks Retardation Center, Silver Springs, Maryland (part time pre-doctoral externship)
- 9/75 – 6-77 Bristol Hospital, Bristol, Connecticut
- 9/71 – 8/72 Hackensack Rehabilitation Center, Hackensack, New Jersey
- 12/69 – 12/70 Kings County Hospital, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York
- 10/69 – 9/70 Family Court Mental Health Clinic, Westbury, New York
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- Academy of Medicine-Hamilton, Ohio
- American Academy of Bereavement
- American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress American Board of Professional Disability Consultants
- American Board of Vocational Experts (Past President 1998-2000) American Psychological Association
- International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals (Ohio Board Member) South Western Ohio Rehabilitation Association
- Ohio Psychological Association
Christ Hospital Mercy Hospital Jewish Hospital
Additional Professional Experiences
- Contributing Editor, Journal of Forensic Vocational Assessment Past President of the American Board of Vocational Experts
- Co- Author, Working in The Community, 8th Annual Institute 1979
- Former instructor in Forensic Psychology, Psychology Doctoral Program at Union Institute, OH.
- Former instructor in Psychology, M.S. Program in Psychology at the College of Graduate Studies – WV.
CV Revised: Jan 2018.