Provides Testimony In
General building contractor, construction defects, remodeling repair defects, standards of care, product defects, building code violations, improper installation, ADA compliance, blue print analysis, cost analysis, Home Building Inspection, mold inspections testing, FEMA inspection, home inspection, commercial building inspection, pool spa hot tub installation inspection,grading, concrete, framing, roofing,skylights, light tubes roof windows, hardware, plumbing, electrical 120 240 volt applications household light commercial wiring, low voltage, cable, communication, lighting, alarms, appliances generated or back up power supplies, heating venting,drywall plaster, siding stucco, flooring ceramic, porcelain, clay, marble, granite, travertine, lime stone, slate, quartz composite tile setting materials, grouts, sealers, additives applications, doors tilt up, doors roll up, large rolling barn doors, doors fire rated jambs, door windows, weather stripping, thresholds, hinges, locks, mortise lock sets, custom doors, windows, cabinets, counter tops, bath tubs showers, asphalt paving,
BUILDING & CONSULTING
Home & Building Inspections
Mold & Moisture Testing
As an active, “hands-on,” working General Contractor, Home and Building Inspector, I deliver expertise regarding construction defects, standards of care, product defects, non-permit work, building code violations, disregard for maintenance, improper installation, standards of practice and blue print analysis. Being proficient in multiple building trades, I can provide you with a testimony of the highest professionalism, quality and detail.
Working in the building, repair, remodeling and maintenance industry for over 30 years I have experience in most building trades and skills, including job site safety, project planning, building codes, the proper use of materials, contracts, permits from many different municipalities and most everything related to construction.
For the last 13 years as a legal consultant and expert witness I have been retained on multiple cases, given many depositions, testified at trial and binding arbitrations. I have been involved with matters of personal injury, construction defects, fraud, standards of care, standards of practice, job site safety, product liability, cost of repairs, code violations and negligence.
A clean record with the California Register of Contractors. No violations. No criminal record never removed from a case as an expert. Licensed since August 1994. Bonded and insured.
Accurate measurements, complete photo documentation, detailed diagrams, step-by- step charts, proper use of materials and cost estimates. I can provide lab testing, mold sampling, destructive testing and reconstruction models.
- CA General Contractor Licensed since 1994:
- Forensic Expert since 2005
- Professional Home and Building Inspector since 2002
- FEMA Housing Disaster Inspector since 2006
- Certified Mold inspector since 2005
- Arbitrator for Home Warranty Cases in 2012
- HD Supply classroom teacher since 2016
- Building Trades Association – BTA
- Forensic Expert Witness Association – FEWA
- Forensic Consultants Associations – FCA
- National Association of Certified Home Inspectors
- North San Diego Association of Realtors
- Federal Emergency Management Agency – FEMA
- All Trade Remodeling: 8/94 to 3/05
- All Home Inspections: 10/02 to 3/05
- Building & Consulting: 3/05 to present
The following is a breakdown of the types of construction, remodeling, repairs, tenant improvements, inspections and additions that I’ve done;
Houses: All phases of single-family home construction. I have built 4 custom homes from the ground up. Room additions of various sizes, remodels of every kind. Fire and moisture damage repairs and restorations involving all of the building trades.
Condominiums: Complete remodels of the entire interior. Restorations due to floods, mold, decay to the unit and the adjacent units. Repairs and replacements to roofs, eves, siding, stucco, windows, doors, decks railings, stairs, gates, paint, and concrete.
Apartments: Flood repairs, fire damage, kitchen and bathroom remodels, interior and exterior repairs, and painting. Appliance replacement, Electrical, plumbing, tile, flooring and drywall.
Commercial / Industrial: Tenant improvements of offices, bathrooms, break / lunch rooms, storage areas, manufacturing facilities and retail units. Moisture and flood damage repairs.
I have worked with most all the trades involved with commercial to include fire sprinklers, automatic gates, generators, compressed air, industrial lighting, glass doors, magnetic locks and more.
Home and Commercial Building Inspections: All aspects and detailed reports pertaining to the needs of the buyers, sellers, lenders, and insurance companies.
PUBLICATIONS and PUBLIC SPEAKING
Full list available on full CV.
I also teach classes for H D Supply to facilities and maintenance personal of large multifamily residences, manufacturing and open classes to the public. The classes include: Electrical, Plumbing, Appliance Repair, Air Conditioning, Heat, Refrigerants, Swimming Pool Care, Conservation, Jobsite Safety and Team Management.
The following categories are in my field of expertise. All include the standards of practice, standards of care, the proper use, and the related building codes.
- CODE CHECK: Complete research on all the current and past codes as to when the project was permitted.
- PERMITTING: Complete analysis of the permitting process as per the procedures of the governing municipality.
- PLANS: All aspects of plan checking to include the setbacks, grading, schedules and special inspections.
- GRADING: Cut & fill, soil compaction, trenching, soil erosion, and slope measurement.CONCRETE: Slabs, footings, foundations, walls, block walls, stackable block, reinforcement, stamped concrete, light weight concrete, driveways, sidewalks and retaining walls.
- FRAMING: Wood and metal studs, posts, beams, joist, walls, ceilings, rafters, stairs, sheathing, shear panel, sub floor, plywood, strand board, pressure treated, trusses, and engineered lumber.
- ROOFING: Composition asphalt shingles, rolled roofing, built-up cap sheet, metal, tile, cement, clay, hot mop & rock, wood shingles, aluminum, and copper. Flat, sloped, steep and mansard.
- SOLAR: Photovoltaic (electrical), swimming pool and water heater.
- HARDWARE: All framing hardware to include “strong walls”. Fasteners related to framing. Hardware for doors, windows, plumbing fixtures, fences, and gates.
- PLUMBING: Underground work, water, gas, propane, drains, sewer lines, valves, water heaters, tank-less water heaters, improper venting, copper, iron pipe, ABS, PVC, PEX pipe and all related fittings. Plumbing fasteners, fire sprinklers, finish plumbing products and decorative fixtures. Solar water heating.
- ELECTRICAL: 120-240 volt applications. Household and light commercial wiring, low voltage, cable, communication, lighting, alarms, appliances and generated or back-up power supplies.
- HEATING / VENTING: Forced air, wall & floor heating, ducting and venting. Furnace, dryer and bathroom venting.
- DRYWALL / PLASTER: Walls, ceilings, fire stop, textures, acoustic ceilings, fasteners, and corner metal.
- SIDING / STUCCO: Wood, vinyl, composite, fire rated, metal and aluminum sidings. Stucco paper, lath, scratch coat, brown coat and finish / color coat. Textures and finishes. Kraft / construction paper backings.
- FLOORING: Ceramic, porcelain, clay, marble, granite, travertine, lime stone, slate, quartz, and composite tile. Setting materials, grouts, sealers, additives, and applications. Carpet, padding, glues and related materials.
- Hard wood, plywood veneer, laminate, vinyl, linoleum, and brick. All compounds for adhesion to the sub surface.
- DOORS: Wood, fiberglass, vinyl, hollow core, solid core, hardboard, metal, steel, vinyl clad, metal clad and aluminum clad. Sliding, hinged, double doors, operable side lights, security screen, tilt up, roll up, large rolling barn doors, folding, bi-pass, closet and fire rated. Jambs, door windows, weather stripping, thresholds, hinges, locks, mortise lock sets, and custom doors.
- WINDOWS: Sliding, casement, single hung, double hung, awning, fixed, transom, side lights and stained glass. Dual pane, low “E”, capillary tubes for high altitude, tinted, obscure glass and argon gas filled. Wood, vinyl, aluminum and clad. Window coverings.
- CABINETS: Kitchen, bathroom, garage, and built in. Custom cabinets, most species of wood, laminates, paint, stains and related hardware.
- COUNTER TOPS: Solid surface to include: composites, granite, travertine, and other quarry stones. Laminates such as: Formica, Wilsonart and Armstrong. All types of tile.
- BATH TUBS AND SHOWERS: Shower pans (hot mop & vinyl / mortar) and fiberglass. Tile setting, pre-fabricated enclosures, drains, valves and glass enclosures. All related hardware.
- APPLIANCES: Installation, repairs, and improper venting.TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT: The proper use of construction related power tools, hand tools and equipment. The maintenance of these items, and the standards of care for the safe operation in various conditions.
- OTHER RELATED PROJECTS: Fences, gates, automatic gates, swimming pool equipment, spas & hot tubs, scaffolding, stone and cultured stone work, irrigation systems, decks, synthetic lumber, painting, staining, clear coating, moisture intrusion and waterproofing surfaces.
Speak with this Expert for freeRequest This Expert