Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Expert No. 208 California SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS• Senior Reactor Operator Certification (SONGS) • Qualified Shift Technical Advisor (STA)• Bachelor degree in Marine Engineering and Master of Business Administration degree• 12 years experience with SONGS programs associated with the Emergency Diesel Generators• Lead engineer for major EDG maintenance and design change projects. • Implemented EDG engine […]
Expert No. 208
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Senior Reactor Operator Certification (SONGS)
• Qualified Shift Technical Advisor (STA)
• Bachelor degree in Marine Engineering and Master of Business Administration degree
• 12 years experience with SONGS programs associated with the Emergency Diesel Generators
• Lead engineer for major EDG maintenance and design change projects.
• Implemented EDG engine analysis program (INPO recognized best practice)
• Presented technical justification to nuclear industry for use of Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel
• Co-chairman of ESI-EMD (EDG) Owners Group
San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS):
Shift Technical Advisor crew A, 7/2009 to present
o Cognizant engineer for Emergency Diesel Generators (EDG), 5/97 to 6/2009
o Performed comprehensive revisions to all EDG maintenance activities and life cycle
o Lead engineer for underground fuel oil storage tank lining project, including specification
work, bid review and generating procedural guidance
o Lead engineer and planner for major engine overhauls (12 year disassembly of EDGs) which
included coordination of vendor work with multiple SONGS craft activities
o implemented condition monitoring program for the EDG
o Addressed all immediate EDG operability issues
U.S. Navy: Consulting Engineer, American Management Systems; Arlington VA. 10/91 to 5/97
o Managed the life cycle maintenance programs for LHA and LST class ships
o Planned major ship repair and modifications, including work scope, generating specifications,
and estimating costs for budget adherence.
o Executed major shipyard repairs within budget provided and on time to meet deployment
o Lead engineer for hull, mechanical and electrical technical issues and work scope modifications
• Senior Reactor Operator Certification, SONGS.
• M.B.A., Webster University, San Diego, CA.
• B.S. Marine Engineering Technology-California Maritime Academy, Vallejo, CA.
• 29 units of engineering courses at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, CA.
• Professional Engineer, Mechanical. CA
• U.S. Coast Guard Chief Engineer of Any Vessel
• Woodward Governor Controls
• Basler Voltage Regulators
• Gas Turbines
• Dynalco Engine Analysis