Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Emergency, Diesel power generation, Failures, Overhaul maintenance, Fuels lubricants, Rotating mechanical equipment, Refrigeration chill water systems, Marine Engineering
Expert No. 208
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Senior Reactor Operator Certification (SONGS)
• Qualified Shift Technical Advisor (STA)
• Bachelor degree in Marine Engineering and Master of Business Administration degree
• 12 years experience with SONGS programs associated with the Emergency Diesel Generators
• Lead engineer for major EDG maintenance and design change projects.
• Implemented EDG engine analysis program (INPO recognized best practice)
• Presented technical justification to nuclear industry for use of Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel
• Co-chairman of ESI-EMD (EDG) Owners Group
San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS):
Shift Technical Advisor crew A, 7/2009 to present
o Cognizant engineer for Emergency Diesel Generators (EDG), 5/97 to 6/2009
o Performed comprehensive revisions to all EDG maintenance activities and life cycle
o Lead engineer for underground fuel oil storage tank lining project, including specification
work, bid review and generating procedural guidance
o Lead engineer and planner for major engine overhauls (12 year disassembly of EDGs) which
included coordination of vendor work with multiple SONGS craft activities
o implemented condition monitoring program for the EDG
o Addressed all immediate EDG operability issues
U.S. Navy: Consulting Engineer, American Management Systems; Arlington VA. 10/91 to 5/97
o Managed the life cycle maintenance programs for LHA and LST class ships
o Planned major ship repair and modifications, including work scope, generating specifications,
and estimating costs for budget adherence.
o Executed major shipyard repairs within budget provided and on time to meet deployment
o Lead engineer for hull, mechanical and electrical technical issues and work scope modifications
• Senior Reactor Operator Certification, SONGS.
• M.B.A., Webster University, San Diego, CA.
• B.S. Marine Engineering Technology-California Maritime Academy, Vallejo, CA.
• 29 units of engineering courses at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, CA.
• Professional Engineer, Mechanical. CA
• U.S. Coast Guard Chief Engineer of Any Vessel
• Woodward Governor Controls
• Basler Voltage Regulators
• Gas Turbines
• Dynalco Engine Analysis