Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Mental Health, Counselor, Correctional Health, Correctional, Medical Surgical, Hospital Nursing,
Los Angeles County Department of Correctional Health Services, 2000-present.
Department of Correctional Health Services – Supervising Sr. Mental Health Counselor R.N.
Twin Towers Correctional Facility- Los Angeles, Ca. Men’s Forensic Outpatient (MFOP).
- Monitor mental health services of a 16 bunk High Risk Self Mutilator Unit, including clients undergoing the drug / alcohol detoxification, who are High Risk Suicidal inmates.
- Medication Psych line manager of the psychiatrists’ medication line for the 3500 medicated clients. 2015-current
Mental Health Clinical Program Head – Women’s Jail Mental Health Services. 2013-2015.
Century Regional Detention Facility (CRDF) Lynwood, Ca. 90262
- Management of a 2500 female inmate facility, mentally disordered clients, acuity ranged from general population to critically high observation. Responsible for program development, data driven outcomes, maintain suicide risk precautions guidelines, staff compliance with policy and procedures. Multidisciplinary team of 45 mental health staff: psychiatric nurses, social workers, psychologist, psychiatrists, group providers, and admin support staff.
Mental Health Clinical Program Head– Men’s Jail Mental Health Services. 2011-2013
Inmate Reception Center (IRC) –Twin Towers Correctional Facility, Los Angeles, Ca.
- Managed a 24/7 program with 35 clinical mental Health staff , processed though the inmate reception , mental health evaluations , crisis resolution, housing triage, treatment for the daily intake of 300-500 new inmate arrestees identified as having mental health history or in current crisis.
Senior Mental Health Counselor, R.N. –Los Angeles County Men’s Central Jail, 2006-2011
Jail Mental Evaluation Team (JMET), (JMETN) Pitches Detention Facility and TTCF.
- Supervised a multidisciplinary team 6 clinicians, support staff responsible for the mental health services in the 10,000 inmate General Population, and high security non-mental health housing.
- Crisis resolution, Row-walks were created to be pro-active in finding the silently mentally ill inmates or those who have developed a mental disorder after incarceration.
- Hospital Nursing Supervisor-Edgemont Psychiatric Hospital, Los Angeles. 1998-2000
- Nursing Clinical Instructor, Glendale Career College, Glendale, Ca.
- Medical-Surgical, pharmacology for LVN Program.
- Teacher High School- Glendale Unified School District, Glendale, CA.
- Psychiatric Case Management – Visiting Nurse Association, Los Angeles, CA, 1990-97
- Huntington Memorial Hospital, Pasadena, Ca. Geriatric Psychiatric Unit
- Encino Hospital, Encino Ca. Adult Mental Health Unit
- Various medical /surgical clinical and intensive care positions from 1974-1989.
- UCLA Extension, Los Angeles, CA. Preliminary Full-Time Teachers Credential – 1998
- San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA. Bachelor of Arts, Community Health – 1981
- San Francisco City College, San Francisco, Ca. Associate of Science Degree, Nursing – 1974
- California State Board of Registered Nursing -1974
References on request.