Provides Opinion & Testimony In:
Senior Engineer, Project Manager, Power, Engergy, Combined Cycle Thermal Power Plants, Installation, Upgrade, Retrofit, Expansion, Conversion, Maintenance, LTSA
- Tremendous experience in the Combined Cycle Thermal Power Plants including Installation, Upgrade, Retro-fit, Expansion, Conversion, Maintenance and LTSA
- Big picture leader and Project Management Professional who drives on-time, cost-controlled projects in alignment with SOP / Budget restrictions; expert in providing onsite support for multiple projects
- Demonstrates excellent relationship building, communication, negotiation, team work & interpersonal skills across all levels
- Solid professional standards; excellent track record of dependability; maintain focus on achieving results while formulating and implementing solutions to meet diversity of needs by keeping abreast with latest trends
- An effective communicator & team leader combined with detail-oriented attitude with ability to interact effectively
- Imparted classroom and field technical training to Engineers & Technicians at Petroman, Kanupp, Saudi Electric Company KSA, Volta River Authority & Takoradi International Company Ghana power plants.
- Contributed towards sales of $30-35M by tying up the ITO team to a new customer and also sold in addition a GE Fr 9E Unit rotor to a customer at $5.1M; an extension of the CSA for an addition 6 years through my local relationships
- Managing EPC / Investment Projects based on Biomass, Waste To Energy, Coal Fired & Gas Fired Thermal Power Plants.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Project Management • Industrial Construction • Technical Training • Contracts Management • Warranty Management • Procurement • Vendor Management • Project Planning & Scheduling • Budgeting & Forecasting • Risk Management • Client Relationship Management • Quality Control & Assurance • Strategic Planning & Execution • Resource Management • Disaster Management • Materials Management • Sub-Contractor Coordination • In-Service Inspection • Nuclear & Industrial Safety
GE Marafiq Rehab Project, Yanbu – KSA as Project Quality Manager. Feb 2017 till Jan 2018.
Responsible for Quality Assurance & Quality Control at Project Site,
Lead the Project Quality team to ensure Impartial Compliance to Approved Project Quality Plan,
Conducting & Recording the As Found Conditions to support saving contractual positions and Implementation of Inspection & Test Program, Hold Point Inspections, Quality Procedures Review, Witness & Maintain Record including FAT, SAT, Equipment & Materials Acceptance and Commissioning witnessed by the client for clearance of Project Invoicing.
Quality Reporting to management on weekly / monthly bases with Look Ahead towards mile stone achievement.
Site Surveillance, Client Audits Coordination, Planning & Conducting Internal & Sub-Contractors Audit and Handling Non-Conformances,
Manage Quality Training to team members and sub-contractors.
Mile Stone Inspections, Punch List Management & Turn-Over Packages Coordination.
V Fo Group of Companies Beijing as Director International Power Projects Aug 2014 till Jan 2017
Coordination on Biomass, Coal Fired Energy Projects / China Pakistan Economic Corridor Projects in Pakistan,
Coordination on O&M, LTSA and EPC Projects in Qatar,
Coordination on coal fired power Projects in Africa including EPC + Finance Solution
Oil Exploration & Refinery Projects including rehabilitation of dead oil wells using re-injection technology.
General Electric International Inc as Lead Site Team Lead (Mar 2013 – May 2014)
- Key Deliverables
- Core part of the QEWC (Qatar Electricity & Water Co.) RAF B2 750 MW Co-generation project construction and resolving BOP open issues, Faculty Hand-Over to client and project close-out
- Worked on other projects like FPCDL (Fauji Power Company Dharki Ltd Pakistan), Qatar Aluminum project, JEWAP (Jubail Electricity & Water project) and SEC (Saudi Electric Company) Direct Buy projects.
- Entrusted as Project Site Manager & Warranty Manager for QEWC RAF B2 project. (Qatar Electricity & Water Company – Ras Abu Funtas B2 750 MW Co-Generation Expansion Project).
- Warranty Manager for Qatalum project.
- Involved in project planning, contracts management, engineering, detailing, monitoring of site activities, financial budgeting, material planning and procurement
- Planned, executed, managed and led various project activities within critical timelines; conducted daily tool box meetings ensuring adherence to safety methods
- Liaised with client representatives and attended project progress, quality audit and project status meetings
- Ensured all project activities adhere to client requirements, contract specifications and project quality plan
- Monitored progress and effectiveness of ongoing projects in addition to planning for future projects
- Co-ordinated with clients before handing over the completed project and discussed corrections to be implemented
- Recognized with ‘GE Hero Award’ and ‘GE Gold, Silver and Bronze’ awards
- Received ‘GE Recognition’ awards for successful progress and close-out of projects
- Honored with ‘Customer Satisfaction Award’ award for outstanding customer service
General Electric International Inc as Lead Materials Manager (Sep 2012 – Mar 2013)
Project Site / Materials Manager for SEC Direct Buy projects like Wadi Al Dawasir power and Al-Wejh power projects
Lead X SEC GE 7EAs SC projects and OS & D remedial measures of equipment as well as components
Maintained EHS culture, active interface with Saud Consult / SEC / EPC contractors for receiving, safe storage, , title transfer and inspection of plant equipment and materials
Handled all activities related to transportation, installation, heavy duty equipment acceptance including gas turbine, generators, accessory base and standalone skids
Co-ordinated with vendors, shippers, insurance, customs clearance, inland transporters and other sub-contractors
Prepared and maintained documentation as well as all paperwork for mile-stone Invoicing & Payments release
General Electric International Inc as Consortium Lead & Site Project Manager Jan 2012 – Sep 2012
Project Site / Warranty Manager in the GEII. Marafiq IWPP project at Al-Jubail, KSA
Co-ordinated with the client (JEWAP), partners (HHI & SIDEM), O&M (JOMEL) and sub-contractors (DOOSAN) to rebuild P-91 grade steam lines, re-testing and restoration of the steam turbine generation after bursting of steam pipe
Involved in Warranty management and Punch List close out
Skillfully cracked dead locks and resolved multi-million dollar claims leading to a techno-economical win-win situation for all parties by proposing and implementing practical solutions
General Electric International Inc as Site Project Manager (May 2008 – Dec 2011)
Worked in the QEWC RAF-B2 Expansion Project at Doha as Site Project Manager and as BOP Warranty Manager in the RAF B2 & QATALUM projects
Closely collaborated with QEWC, Kahraama, Mot, Fisia, ABB, GE Engineering and various other sub-contractors for completing the 3XGE 9FA 750 MWe Co-Generation plant construction including testing; handed over the facility to the client thereby setting long-term services agreement to GECS
Proactively assisted in project close-out, international arbitration process and other outstanding issues
Orchestrated and Released TOCs and Mile Stone Payment Certificates
Successfully closed over 16K of agreed punch list items, BOP warranties and assisted in closure of GE Product Services warranties
Credit of clearing backlogs on BOP and PS warranties at Qatalum till mid 2011 by closely co-ordinating with Mot, client and Doosan
Project Site Manager for 174 MW CC TPP FPCDL project at Dharki as a successful COD after pinpoint & trouble shoot the Root Cause and implement modification in Low BTU Gas Fuel Nozzles.
Tactically resolved sever combustion accidents in the Dharki project by proposing key modifications on low BTU FN and implementing the same through close co-ordination with engineering and service shops in Singapore
General Electric International Inc as Lead Services Project Manager (Apr 2007 – Mar 2008)
Involved in various RUSH assignments like rehabilitation of Alhamriya project, Sharjah, UAE & CTJV Qatar.
Introduced Quality Education as VP at Faizul Islam Technical Institute of Technology – Rawalpindi – Pakistan.
General Electric International Inc as Lead Contract Performance & Warranty Manager Sep 2001–Mar2007
Worked in the TICO project at Takoradi, Ghana, West Africa as GE Site Service Manager / LTSA Contract Performance Manager & Power of Attorney (Ghana) at 220 MW TICO IPP (GE 9Es) thermal power plant.
Efficiently handled all financial and administrative duties for GE Energy Rentals, Process and Water Technologies
Handled all post COD Warranty Management & plant planned / unplanned maintenance
Assisted the customers in laying down technical specifications and bid documentation for conversion of simple cycle plant to combined cycle
Maintained the plant availability over 98% earning maximum availability and best heat rate bounces
Successfully reduced customer complaints and O&M costs by converting the plant from liquid to gas fuel
Increased the inspection / maintenance intervals and plant availability by introducing life extenders
Received ‘GE Hero’ award for exceptional results in the projects
General Electric International Inc, Takoradi as Site Plant & Extended Term Warranty Manager Oct 1999–Sep 2001
Project Site Manager for the Takoradi Thermal Power Plant project (Volta River Authority, TTPP), Ghana
Country Manager for WA Ghana projects
Power of Attorney for GE II Ghana projects
Spearheaded complete project responsibilities including execution & extended Term Warranty Management of a Turn-Key Construction at VRA’s 330 MW (GE 9Es / Steamer + CMI HRSGs / Air Cooled Sea Water Cooling Tower) combined cycle thermal power plant
Co-ordinated with consultants of all projects (MEP-Mott McDonald for client VRA) & sub-contractors (Stone & Webster, USA)
Overseen procurement of capital serialized spares, consumable spares and parts refurbishment
Supervised conducting of outages, performance testing, normalization and also generated outage reports
Managed Light Crude Oil systems including deep sea unloading Single Point Moore, laying fuel transmission lines / sea water intake / outfall marine lines including stabilization and internal / external inspection of the same including Tank Farm and Fuel Oil Treatment duly equipped with EHS systems. Constructed Sludge Handling Systems, Incinerator etc.
Managed onsite machining to fix patch rings in a damaged turbine where the machine was reassembled and run to full load after successful boroscopy
General Electric International Inc, Riyadh, KSA as Construction and Punch List Manager Oct 1997–Aug 1999
Constructed the 1600 MWe (GE 7Es / Steamer + CMI HRSGs) combined cycle thermal power plant at Saudi Electric Company PP-9, Riyadh, Project based on Light Crude Oil, constructed Tank Farm Area and entire Fuel Transmission / treatment Systems, Sludge Handling etc.
Entrusted as EPC Lead Roll on the project to co-ordinate meetings with client, consultant and sub-contractors (Saud Bin Ladin & Rathyon US)
Conducted safety meetings, safety walk downs, construction walk downs, etc., and scheduled follow-ups on construction material, equipment movement, installation, etc.
Handled complete punch list activities including hand over and registration
Accountable for complete design, plant construction schedule and construction / equipment installation
Resolved disputes with the client / client Engineer (EWI Saud Consult) and partners (REOL and SBG)
Completed the plant construction project along with punch list execution way ahead of time
Received ‘Exemplary Performance’ award for significant contribution in the project
KCP II–Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission, Manager I&C Systems Design and Construction Jul 1988–Sep 1997
Worked at the Khoshab site for designing plant LV cabling systems to nuclear separation in line with redundancy standards including procurement & construction thus saving external Designer / Consultant costs
Designed the plant’s Health Monitoring Systems including procurement, installation, testing and commissioning
Efficiently handled KCP -II Pakistan’s first indigenous reactor including maintenance and design & installation of Electrical / Instrumentation systems
Fabricated the nuclear cable penetration system thereby saving huge procurement costs
Commissioned the system after qualifying with the Nuclear Safety Committee
KNCI-Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission Pakistan, In charge Electrical Power Section Jan 1985–Jun 1988
Involved in maintenance / modification of Plant Power Systems Reliability (normal & essential) including UPS
Procured, installed, tested, commissioned and executed additional power components for plant expansion and also coordinated with Wapda
KANUPP – Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission, Pakistan as Instrumentation & Control Engineer and In-Service Inspection Engineer Aug 1976–Dec 1984
Worked in 137 MWe CANDU HWR, study & modification of Plant I&C Systems &In-Service Inspection of chief components
Successfully set up the ISI shop right from scratch through effective procurement, installation and commissioning of MP/UT/DPT/Gamma Graphy equipment; tested dangerous equipment in the safest ways keeping the team away from radiation exposure
Developed ISI procedures for nuclear equipment like boilers, pumps, valves, heat exchangers, etc.
Plant Process and I&C Training to Kanupp Engineers / Technicians.
On Experts Panel and a regular faculty member for process instrumentation training to Petroman Training Institute.
- Currently pursuing MBA from Allama Iqbal Open University
- Bachelor in Electrical – Power Technology from NED Engineering University in 1984
- DAE in Electrical Technology & Power from Govt. College of Technology, Faisalabad in 1973
- PERT and CPM Training from Pakistan Institute of Management, Lahore
- GE’s Construction & Materials Management for Power Projects
- GE Qualified & Certified Contract Performance Manager from GE, Atlanta, USA
- GE’s Six Sigma Green Belt from GE, Houston, USA
- Effective Communications for Managers from Spearhead Institute, UAE
- Operation and Maintenance of Radiation Monitoring Equipment from MAB, Munchen
- Nuclear Orientation Course for Scientists and Engineers from CNS, Islamabad
- Power Plant Systems O&M from Kanupp, Karachi
- Non-Destructive Testing, ASNT Level I from Scientific & Engineering Services, Islamabad
- Process Instrumentation O&M from TTI NFC, Multan
- Modern Electronics from Ground Training School, PIA, Karachi